On average, couples can expect to spend around $13,000 for a wedding venue near Colorado Springs. This cost would include the location fee, drinks, food, and incidentals. However, the average wedding venue cost in Colorado Springs relies on several factors. Overall, you can expect to pay around 45% of the entire wedding budget on the venue and related items. Let’s look closer at the average price for wedding venues in the greater Colorado Springs area.
What is the Average Cost of a Wedding Venue?
It’s no secret that wedding venues can become expensive very quickly. Wedding reception hall prices vary based on location, time, and day of the event and what is included. Nationwide, you can expect to pay around $13,000 for everything. When you consider that The Knot says an average Colorado wedding will cost more than $30,000, this price isn’t that unreasonable, but it’s enough to stop your heart for a split second. While wedding venue prices have gone up over the years, there are ways to keep the cost down.
Expensive vs. Affordable Wedding Venue Price Range
As you start searching for a place to hold your reception, you will find a wide range of wedding venue costs. So, how do you know if you are getting an expensive or cheap wedding venue? If your cost goes higher than the average, you know that you are moved into the expensive range. However, anything below this price would be considered a low-cost wedding venue in Colorado Springs. If you aren’t careful with the add-ons and extra amenities, even the most affordable wedding venues can become quite expensive.
What Factors Affect the Cost of a Wedding Venue?
When you’re looking for the perfect wedding venue in Colorado Springs, but you want to save some money, it is important to know what raises the cost of a wedding venue. The cost of a wedding venue actually depends on several factors, including:
- Wedding date – If you are married on a Saturday during the peak season, you are going to spend more than if you have a weekday wedding.
- Location – If you are married in a rural location, you will spend far less than if the venue is in a major city.
- Packages – With some venues, you will pay for a site fee. Then you have to think about the food, rental equipment, and more. If these vendors are included with the venue, you might spend less.
- Size – Each additional guest will add to the overall cost of the wedding. For more guests to be accommodated, you need a larger venue. Plus, if your venue includes catering, you will also have to pay a “per person” charge.
How to Save Money on Wedding Venues & Be Wary of Additional Costs
If you are aware of the costs and additional costs, and what influences those costs, you can cut back and save money. Some items might be negotiable. Consider taking these steps to cut down the wedding venue expense in Colorado.
- Cut down the guests – The more guests you invite, the more money you will spend. To save some money, consider cutting down the list, even by ten people.
- Pick a smart date – Avoid having a Saturday night wedding during the peak season. If you can, choose a weekday wedding that occurs during the off-peak season instead.
- Read contracts – Make sure you understand the venue contract. There could be hidden fees that you aren’t prepared for.
- Avoid large meals – Instead of offering your guests a complete meal, offer to do some drinks and snacks instead.
Premier, Affordable, & Intimate Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs at White Cottage Guest Farm
White Cottage Guest Farm is an affordable, low-cost wedding venue in Colorado Springs that also offers a premier and intimate, affordable price without the low-cost feel. The White Cottage Guest Farm wedding venue prices are lower than most people spend, without sacrificing any of the luxuries you are looking for to celebrate your special day.